This sturdy boat is built with a fiberglass hull, allowing for a safe, smooth sail across the Caribbean Sea. Sit back and relax on our spacious deck with comfortable seating.
This tour includes:
• Sail to Buck Island
• Complimentary beverages and snacks
• Snorkel gear and instruction
• Guided tour through Marine Sanctuary
• Opportunity to swim with Giant Green Sea Turtles and other aquatic creatures
• Freshwater shower and restroom on boat
• Life jackets are provided for all passengers, including children
Join the crew aboard our beautifully restored sailing yacht for an awesome sail/snorkel out to the Marine Sanctuary to SWIM WITH THE TURTLES!
Our yacht will conveniently pick you up at the Havensite cruise ship dock for a leisurely sail to Buck Island, one of the finest marine gardens in the Caribbean Sea.
Once onboard, you may choose to sit in the large shaded cockpit or, if you prefer the sun, you may lay out on the bow or dangle your feet over the side like a "yachty." You will have plenty of space to lounge. Our professional and courteous crew will greet you with complimentary beverages and snacks as we raise the new sails on our wonderful sailboat. THAT'S RIGHT, WE SAIL, WE DON'T MOTOR!
The crew has been on island for years and will share all their knowledge about the island's restaurants, excursions, some of the history (forts, lighthouses, buried treasure, etc.) and, of course, pirate lore on your 3-mile sail to the Marine Sanctuary.
Once at Turtle Cove, a calm oasis at Buck Island, the crew will provide you with professional snorkel gear, flotation devices, instruction, and orientation about the waters in the bay. We even provide a guided tour through the sanctuary. Our crew will be in the water to explain about all of the different species of sea life that you encounter.
This excursion is great for beginners and experienced snorkelers alike. The crystal clear water will allow you to view the underwater world on this reef. You will see the Giant Green Sea Turtles in their natural habitat, as well as octopus, conch, urchins, starfish, squid, and a variety of tropical reef fish along the beautiful coral reef on this deserted island.
Upon exiting the water, the crew will greet you with a freshwater shower (no other boat does this!), and beverages (including rum punch, beer, and soft drinks). We then cast off the mooring and start our leisurely sail back to St. Thomas with just the sound of the wind in our sails.
This will be the best day of your vacation!
Your captain and crew are some of the most experienced people on the island...with several years and countries on their resume!
|08:15 AM||(3.50 hrs)||Check in 8:15am. Tour departs 8:30am.|
|12:15 PM||(3.50 hrs)||Check in 12:15pm. Tour departs 12:30pm.|
See Special Instructions
Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
• Please bring sunscreen (no oil or spray on please), a towel, camera, and cash for souvenirs and gratuities. It is customary to tip your crew, ShoreTrips recommends a 15% gratuity.
• If you would like to privately charter this boat, please contact ShoreTrips for a price.
• This trip requires a minimum of 8 people and takes a maximum of 24 people regardless of age. This is a very popular trip, so minimums are usually met and space can be hard to come by. Book early!
• There are two docks on St. Thomas. One requires you to walk a short way on a paved surface. The second requires a 10-minute taxi ride, which is approximately $5 per person one way. A taxi ride will also be necessary if you are staying at a hotel in St. Thomas.
• This tour does not operate from August 27 - November 1st.