MENDENHALL GLACIER TREK
Trace the path of glacial succession as you are introduced to glacier trekking and the natural history of the Mendenhall Glacier!
This tour includes:
Days of Operation
Departures (Local time)
Transfer / Meeting Instructions
No Taxi Required
Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
• This tour includes the use of mountaineering gear, backpack, rain jacket and pants, as well as bagel/cream cheese, snacks, and bottled water.
• Please bring/wear: comfortable hiking shoes or boots, hiking pants, warm hat, fleece gloves, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
• A specific amount of time on the ice cannot be guaranteed. The amount of time on the glacier is dependent on the group's pace and weather conditions for the day. For an average fit group, it takes about two hours to hike to the glacier.
• Visiting specific features such as ice caves, moulins, etc. cannot be guaranteed due to the constantly changing nature of the Mendenhall Glacier. Your guide will assess the hazards the day of the trip and determine if a particular area is safe enough to trek upon or enter.
• If your are interested in ice climbing with a top rope, please book our PRIVATE TREK & CLIMB ON MENDENHALL GLACIER. A private trip allows you to try ice climbing, and the trip can be customized to your pace, ability, and schedule.
• This tour operates May-September.
• Please note: Due to the lack of daylight in September, we will NOT be offering afternoon departures after September 8th.
• There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 required for this tour.
• Minimum age is 12 years old.
• Our glacier trips cater to all ages and abilities, however, clients must be in good enough shape to hike for up to 6-6.5 hours, covering about 8 miles round trip. The hike is challenging and clients need to bring sturdy hiking boots that provide good ankle support while hiking on rocky terrain. All clients will need to hike with a backpack the entire tour. We provide the backpack and it weighs approximately 10-15 pounds and holds mountaineering gear, snacks/water, and any extra clothing that you bring.
• Maximum shoe size we can accommodate for the crampons is size 14. Minimum is size 2.
• All participants must sign a waiver form at the start of the trip. Participants under the age of 18 will need a parent/guardian to sign for them. Alterations and/or deletions to the waiver are not permitted.
Send an email with this trip information to a friend.
|Recipient's email address:|
This exhilarating tour combines hiking and glacier trekking for a perfectly adventurous day!
Ask ShoreTrips a question about this excursion.
|Your email address:|