ShoreTrips logo Shore Excursions - City Tours - Day Activities


Per Person (Based on 1 passenger) $507 USD
Per Person (Based on 2 people.) $317 USD
Per Person (Based on 3-6 people.) $246 USD
Per Person (Based on 7-9 people.) $179 USD
*Selections and optional choices will be made during checkout


Share this Trip

Vendor claims they meet CDC Compliant Guidelines

Add to Itinerary

ShoreTrips says...

The magic of the equatorial island nation of Singapore is rooted in its unique mosaic of diverse peoples, living together in an ultra-modern city. Comprised of approximately 75 percent ethnic Chinese and the remaining 25 percent mostly Malay and Indian, Singapore sits at the intersection of three major cultures. This half-day tour will focus on the majority population, introducing you to all things Chinese in Singapore.

This excursion reflects upon all things Chinese in Singapore, uncovering along the way several secrets from the past. You will look back to the time when the first settlers from China braved arduous journeys in cramped and disease-ridden junks to travel to Singapore, in the early part of the nineteenth century, in search of a better life.

After being met by your private English-speaking guide, your tour will begin with a visit to Thian Hock Keng Temple (“Temple of Heavenly Bliss”), Singapore’s oldest Chinese temple. Built in 1839 by seamen from China as thanks to the Sea Goddess for their safe passage, the temple site marks the former location of Singapore’s waterfront, before modern reclamation changed the island’s landscape.

You’ll hitch a ride on a three-wheeled trishaw and then explore Chinatown on foot, where interconnected streets lined with lovingly-restored shop houses silently beckon passers-by.

Finally, you’ll call in at a Chinese teahouse right in the heart of Chinatown, and discover the art and science of making a good cup of therapeutic Chinese tea. Drinking Chinese tea will certainly never be the same once you’ve experienced this enlightening session!

  • This tour includes:
  • Round-trip transfers to/from cruise ship pier
  • English-speaking tour guide
  • Private vehicle and driver
  • Visit to Thian Hock Keng Temple, Singapore’s oldest Chinese temple
  • Trishaw ride and walking tour of Chinatown
  • Tea tasting at a Chinese teahouse
  • Additional Languages Available
  • French($)
  • German($)
  • Japanese($)
  • Korean($)
  • Mandarin($)
  • Portuguese($)
  • Russian($)
  • Spanish($)
  • *Possible upcharge at checkout for languages denoted with ($) symbol.

Days of Operation

Mon - yes
Tue - yes
Wed - yes
Thu - yes
Fri - yes
Sat - yes
Sun - yes

Departures (local time)

  • 9:00 AM (4 hrs)
  • 2:00 PM (4 hrs)

Transfer / Meeting Instructions

No Taxi Required Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.

Special Instructions

• Wear casual, light, loose summer clothing, a hat, comfortable walking shoes and sun block. A small umbrella and/or raincoat are recommended as rainfalls can be sudden and heavy.
• Expect daily rainfalls during monsoon season, in November and December.
• There are no additional entrance fees required, but you will likely want to bring money for shopping.


• Minimum age 3 years old.
• This tour requires walking over even and uneven surfaces, as well as up and down steps and inclines. It is not recommended for people with limited mobility.